Ta med radion till Australien?

SM4WWO

Ta med radion till VK? (fått svar på frågan!)

Jag och en amatörradiokompis kommer att tillbringa november i australien och funderar på att ta med oss våra handapparater för att kunna köra via IRLP hem till kalla nord.
Vi kommer även att stanna till några nätter i Singapore på vägen.

Är det bara att ta med radion och sitt tillstånd och åka?
Eller är det något man ska tänka på?

Tacksam för svar!

73 de Robban

EDIT: hittade en sida där jag kunde läsa om kraven, publicerar dem här ifall någon annan undrar.

I'm visiting Australia - how do I get a reciprocal licence?
The Australian Communications Authority has published a comprehensive document about this subject. What it says is

Don't just bring a hand held radio and expect to use your foreign licence and callsign. To operate as an amateur in Australia you need an Australian licence and an Australian callsign VK*xxx.
Apply in person at any ACA office or in writing at least 3 months before your intended visit.
There is a long list of countries with which Australia has reciprocal licencing agreements - ie. Australia recognises the foreign country's licence qualifications and vice versa. Amateurs from those countries will basically have no problem in being allocated a licence that corresponds to their qualifications.
There is another list of countries which have licence conditions that Australia recognises as sufficiently similar to ours, that we will grant an Australian licence.
Amateurs from other countries with licence qualifications that are not as yet recognised by Australia, may be issued with a Novice Limited licence, allowing operation on 146-148 MHz FM with max 10 watts output.
Another special condition exists for Japanese operators with "telephone or telegraph" [voice-only or morse-only] licences, who may be issued with licences to operate on bands above 30 MHz, phone only, max 10 watts output.
Visitor's licences are not renewable and if they are not issued under the terms of a reciprocal agreement, are endorsed so they cannot be used as the basis of a licence issue by another country.
You need to supply ACA with

your current Amateur licence or certificate of qualifications
your passport and proof, eg. a visa, of the duration of your visit;
a completed licence application form (RF57); and
the current licence fee which is $AUD53.90 (in Australian dollars).
You can do this in person, or by mail. If doing it by mail you can send certified copies of those precious documents instead of the originals.

For more details please consult the ACA web site.

Taget från: http://vkfaq.ampr.org/faq2lic.html#reciprocal

Ser ut som att man kan glömma radion då jag varken fått mitt pass eller visum ännu. Men vi kommer i alla fall försöka få tag på några hams att hälsa på!
En sak är då säker, man får lättare packning! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Vi kommer att ha med oss en portabel radio för att kunna köra via IRLP hem till kalla nord. Söker tillståndet på plats. Vi besöker även Nya Zeeland,där behövs inget speciellt tillstånd.
VK är 8 timmar före oss. Vi kanske hörs!

/Robban (3wwo) och Erik (3xly)

Back